Sunday

Offer to Neighbours - Draft leaflet awaits your feedback

Is there anything you, or a neighbour, need help with?

Would something you're doing be easier with a bit of support?

Do you get all the moral support and practical support you could possibly get to handle the difficulties of your life and make the best of it?

COULD YOU USE A FREE HOUR, OR MORE, OF MY TIME?

I guess you now have some questions too. Like:
      1) Who is offering you and your neighbours support?
      2) What do they have that could make a worthwhile difference?
      3) What's in it for them?

So, how are you going to get answers to your questions?
A) By ringing Paul Crosland on 07807066202 and, if he doesn't answer, maybe leaving a message?
B) By waiting for him to come back and then having a conversation with him about who he works for and with and what the full range is of what he and his friends/colleagues are offering?
C) ?

Or will this be your internal dialogue as a way of responding to Paul's latest attempt to co-create a "more caring and sharing community" around you?:

Your words?:
"Firstly, I'm not very open to change, even if it's for the better. I want to stay in my 'comfort zone', even though I may be missing out on support or friendship that could transform my life or the life of those I care about.
So I have to find a reason to put this opportunity down, and I'll do that by reaching into the depths of my mistrust of others and the world.
As what I'm being offered brings up my fear of the unknown, it must either have a catch in it or it is bound to be problematic in some way.
Thus I will resist further communication with whoever it was who gave their time to get their offer to me and my neighbours.
I want to be left alone, now and forever."

Is that what's going on for you? Or are you just too busy for this?
Please text "Yes, No, or Maybe/Sort Of/Busy" to Paul Crosland on 07807066202.
To help us use our time better, your address too, whether your reply is on behalf of the whole household, and maybe your name?

We welcome any other feedback you are kind enough to give us about this initiative.

1 comment:

Paul Campbell said...

Terrible idea, Paul! Really. I know your heart is in this, but it just comes across as a bit weird. Spooky even.

Why don't you just pop round and introduce yourself and, maybe, as you're leaving, make the offer that you're always happy to help out if there's ever anything they could use a hand with.