Sunday

Dear mentor in Brazil

To my friend and inspirer, Dominic Barter, in a correspondence trying to check how freely I might quote in the 2021(?) publication of “The Myth Of The Heartless Tory” from 6 films we recorded back in 2010, I wrote as follows: 

Beyond the reference to the recognition your RestorativeJustice work secured in NESTA's "Radical Efficiency" report (see Part 6 Brazil case study) and your prediction (already quoted in my #GE2019 #MoveForwardMoreTogether themed leafletof a time of more collective decision making on so many fronts, I seek to point the reader towards Miki Kashtan’s https://convergentfacilitation.org towards the end of “The #MythOfTheHeartlessTory” book.

Having asked Miki for an interview she wrote back wanting more clarity and expressing how stretched she was so I dropped it. It may be that before mid June you might initiate a zoom with me that provides fresher quotes and perspectives informed by the extra levels of poor government you have In Brazil’s tackling of the coming of this #PandemicEra. 

My barely informed comment on Brazil and Covid19 is, of course compared to in the UK where the fault of my Oxford contemporary Boris Johnson is IMHO over-egged by the left; the reality being structural and mass civil disobedience (in the name of British liberty) having accounted for much of the high death rate here. 


No comments: