2) From a Victim Liaison Officer at a Youth Offending Team:
3) From my local MP, Amber Rudd:
Amber Rudd MP
Member of Parliament for Hastings & Rye
House of Commons
Action for Happiness
Area Community Centre
Dear Mr Crosland
I am writing to congratualate you for leading such an inspirational group as Action for Happiness, with the aim of making Hastings a happier place in which to live.
This is a wonderful initiative, and it is so good to know that you and your group are doing all that you can to remind us all of what is important in life, such as connecting with other people, being active and healthy, learning new skills, giving to others, and learning to appreciate the good things in our lives. Indeed, gratitude is a powerful and energising force for good.
I see that you and your group have been handing out happiness hints to commuters at Warrior Square train station, and conducting stress-busting sessions and talks.
I thank you and your group for offering such a valuable and positive contribution.
4) From the representatives of The Youth Justice Board, The Police Improvement Agency, The Prison Reform Trust and The Foyer Housing Federatation who awarded the "SafeGround" team (of whom I was part), 1st prize for the idea most likely to reduce youth custody and youth offending. (Now called Restorative Technology Ltd):
6) From Wendy Freshman, The Mediation Service
Other endorsements to be added:
- From the Mayor of Hastings & St Leonards, Kim Forward
- From the chair of the Hastings Pier & White Rock Trust, Ray Chapman NB see the leading letter in the Hastings Observer of 10th June: "We need to act if we want justice": http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/observer-comment/letters/we_need_to_act_if_we_want_justice_1_2756987